The makeup primer is one of the most important cosmetics. To ensure a natural effect and perfect makeup, it must be matched to the type of skin, its colour and your beauty preferences. Check how to choose the right product and enjoy the beautiful look.
What exactly is a makeup primer?
Makeup primer is a cosmetic that is applied directly to the skin. Its main role is to not only prolong the durability of the entire makeup but also to improve the condition of the face. The product makes the skin colour even, it moisturizes, brightens, helps healing inflammations and conceals imperfections. Makeup primer can be replaced with other cosmetics, for instance, toners, creams, serums, sprays and thermal water.
Makeup primer – types
There are several types of makeup primers:
- a silicone makeup primer – ideal for dry and mature skin, applied with water-based foundations will provide a natural effect;
- an oil-based makeup primer- it forms a layer on the skin that has moisturizing properties and is perfect for dry and oily skin. You can use raspberry seed oil, rose oil or linseed oil. The oil can be added to the foundation to thin it out and make it easier to apply. Oil-based primers work very well with light or loose mineral foundations;
- glycerine makeup primer – the best for water-based foundations. Be careful, because it can make foundations separate and flaky;
- gel makeup primer – reduces the appearance of pores, smoothes the complexion and has a moisturizing effect. It is recommended for people with oily skin.
Colour correcting makeup primers
Makeup primers also come in various colours. Their task is to cover the imperfections of the skin. There are:
- violet makeup primer – to neutralize yellow spots and yellowish skin tone,
- green makeup primer – to cover red spots and blemishes,
- peach makeup primer – to give the complexion a healthy glow
- blue makeup primer – to mask redness,
- white makeup primer – to brighten the skin.
And you girls, what makeup primers do you use every day? Which one can you recommend? Leave a comment!