I must be honest, I am a true oil maniac. Therefore, I’d like to invite you to another entry devoted to natural oils. This time, I will be dealing with Siberian fir oil. It is a recent newcomer to my natural products collection What are its properties and what I use it for? See for yourself!
Siberian fir oil is extracted from the shoot of one of the fir species, which is called Siberian fir, from its Russian name it might sometimes be referred to as ‘pichta oil’.
Natural Siberian fir oil is mostly recommended for people who suffer from dermatological problems. I am struggling with sensitive skin with allergic reactions and prone to inflammation. It took me a long time to find something that would help me deal with my notorious irritations and this substance turned out to be the best remedy. If it is useful for me, maybe some of you will benefit from its properties as well. Try it out, you have nothing to lose, after all, Siberian fir oil is all-natural and safe.
I’d like to elaborate on that subject, thus, if you are interested what’s the smell of it, what it contains, and how to use Siberian fir oil – keep reading!:)
SIBERIAN FIR OIL
The Siberian fir oil is obtained from young bunches of Siberian fir (I have already mentioned it above) of the genus Oleum Abies Sibiricae. The most valuable needle-covered tops are collected, from which 100% pure essential oil is extracted.
Remember that Siberian fir oil is extracted from Siberian fir needle-like leaves, and it’s not a traditionally extruded vegetable oil. There are a few restrictions on its use, because high concentrations of essential oils can irritate the skin.
Do you know that the oil is organic? I was very happy with this information because I am trying to be eco-friendly whenever I have the opportunity. Siberian firs grow only in the cleanest areas, that is why the oil is a very ecological product and has valuable pro-health properties. Thanks to this, it is also very safe, because it does not contain any thickeners, preservatives or artificial fragrances.
Well, how does the oil smell? Since it is an essential oil, it means that its scent is very important because, for instance, it can be used for aromatherapy. A good-quality (I mean not a fake one) Siberian fir oil is watery and has a very intense aroma of coniferous forests.
What does Siberian Fir oil contain?
All the good stuff! It is worth including natural Siberian fir oil in your daily beauty routines because it contains many precious beautifying and conditioning ingredients, such as:
- phytoncides – provide antibacterial and antifungal properties,
- terpenes – have disinfecting properties,
- camphor – stimulates blood circulation and warms up,
- bisabolene and cadinene – anti-inflammatories.
How does Siberian fir oil work?
The oil is a natural remedy and I really recommend it to anyone who has ever suffered from any skin-related problems and is looking for a solution among natural ingredients. It is best that you see it for yourself! It is a very versatile product. How does it work?
Siberian fir oil for the skin:
- It improves blood circulation of the skin, thanks to which it is better nourished.
- It has antibacterial properties, so it treats acne very well.
- Prevents breakouts and cures inflammation.
- Tones and regenerates the skin; minimizes blackheads.
- Reduces swelling and restores elasticity to the skin.
- Combats free radicals thus inhibits the ageing process of the skin.
Siberian fir oil for the hair:
- Improves scalp’s microcirculation, preventing hair loss.
- Regulates the processes in the scalp and supports the treatment of dandruff.
- Limits hair ageing, relaxes and strengthens.
- Inhibits excessive hair oiliness.
How to use Siberian Fir oil?
I must mention that how we use the substance has a significant influence on the results. The same is with any other product. This component will work best when combined with other natural oils. Using pure Siberian fir oil externally can be risky since it is an essential oil that can cause irritations.
I have three methods of use I’d like to recommend:
- Siberian fir oil for blackheads can be combined with Sweet Almond oil. I like to blend a few drops of the essential oil with a teaspoon of Almond oil and soak a cotton pad in it. After removing my makeup thoroughly, I wipe my face with the soaking swab. This way I am getting rid of any impurities from the pores and cleanse the skin.
- Siberian fir oil for the face as an anti-age treatment. In this case, I mix it with Sweet almond oil (I just love applying it to my face) and a cream or a serum. I only take a few drops of the fir oil and massage my face with the mixture. It leaves my skin smooth, radiant and more resilient.
- I apply Siberian Fir oil to the scalp, but less frequently, just to prevent dandruff recurrence. It’s important not to overdo with the amount – a few drops will be enough to enrich a dose of shampoo.
Warning! The fir oil oxidizes very quickly during contact with air and sun, so you need to store it in a sealed package, properly protected.